By Sarah Pierce of www.mywedding.com
It’s not about the spectacular – but the special.
Here is a quick summary of the trends, but to find out a little bit more on each one just go to http://www.mywedding.com/wedding-ideas/advice/10-fantastic-2016-wedding-trends-youre-sure-to-fall-in-love-with/
- Peaceful Glam – less about an ornate reception with loads of “wow” factor, and more about creating a peaceful, tranquil environment.
- Use of Vertical Space – couples will get creative with all of the available space in their venues. From hanging installation of lights or flowers to elaborate photo backdrops.
- The Rise of a Smaller Guest List – today’s couples are more focused on providing a high-quality event to a more select group of friends and family.
- A Weekend Away – when the majority of their guests have to travel to their event, the couple is making more of an effort to take care of their friends and family.
- Pretty in Prints – For several seasons we have gone totally gaga over patterned bridesmaid dresses, and loved that the bride is getting in on all the fun!
- The New Rustic – Farewell to barns, and hello to wide open spaces!
- Realistic Registries – This means a rise in both non-traditional registries (such as a honeymoon registry) and in eclectic lists.
- Say it with Cake – The latest in wedding cake trends is all about expressing your love story.
- Non-traditional is the new traditional – Design the wedding of your dreams, not a carbon copy of something you see in a magazine.
- Diverse Menus – They want their weddings to reflect who they are, from the hamburgers at their fave food truck to antipasto plates that remind them of their trip to Italy.
Sarah says …that couples are deeply invested in creating a personalized event.